charmingly playful persona
Comedian Debra DiGiovanni has been called the “Best Comedian to see after a Messy Break Up” and for three years running-she was named Canada’s favorite female comedian, as well as being named her hometown Toronto’s favorite comic for another three years. Debra’s comedy has a sharp edge while maintaining a playful, happy air. And her persona is one of the best developed of any comic working today- couple that with a hilarious act that is so personal everyone can relate- and you see why Debra is so popular. Her humor and charm lies in her unflinching honesty and openness, and rapid-fire delivery.
She began her career in 2000 and she’s made leaps and bounds in the comedy world- already with two Canadian stand up specials for CTV/Comedy network, she taped her first set on Comedy Central with her ‘Live at Gotham’ recorded in New York City. Since, she’s taped comedy segments for ‘Gotham Live’ and ‘Stand Up in Stilettos’ in Los Angeles as well as ‘Stand and Deliver’ for NuvoTV. She was also a finalist on the 5th season of NBC’s hit show Last Comic Standing season 7-making it to the Top 8 comedians. She was even awarded a Canadian TV award –a Gemini- for best-televised comedy performance of 2010. Debra’s a favorite at the Montreal Just for Laughs Comedy Festival, attending 10 times. She’s done comedy festivals around the world- including the Glasgow Comedy Fest in Scotland, as well as the Just For Laughs festival in Sydney, Australia, the popular Bridgetown Fest in Portland and The Moontower Fest in Austin. You can often hear Debra on CBC radio’s ‘Debaters’ program and, Debra has become a nationwide favorite on the hugely popular Much Music show ‘Video On Trial’, which can now be seen on FUSEtv.
Debra debuted in the independent film Unlucky and her first stand up DVD for the Showtime Network- was produced with her management team (Levity Entertainment Group) “Single, Awkward Female.” It is now playing on Netflix. In winter of 2014- she completed her first solo national tour, with Just For Laughs- ‘The Late Bloomer Tour’ crossed Canada with 21 cities-as the first solo female comedian toured by Just For Laughs. You can see Debra on the comedy network’s revival of Match Game, a Canadian revamping of the 70’s game show, where Debra is a popular panelist. Debra also can be seen on PlayboyTV- on their comedy channel as well as FUNNY OR DIE’s office humor. She now makes her home in Los Angeles.
- about 7 hours agoI’ve been watching children bake all day. What a terrible sentence.
- about 1 hour agoHOW DARE THIS HOTEL TV PLAY ‘WHEN HARRY MET SALLY’ JUST AS I HAVE TO LEAVE!?!!! I demand a refund.
- about 19 hours agoWhat’s happening? This. This is happening. https://t.co/FCnBCEdNoW
- about 22 hours agoI woke up sick as a dog. So, basically- I’m awesome.
- about 2 days agoI definitely just woke myself up by snoring- ON THIS PLANE- which is also, coincidentally full of handsome men. Pre… https://t.co/Wzn0OVNpod
- about 2 days agoI’m so tired I don’t remember leaving my apartment, getting into my Lyft or checking my bag at LAX. I woke up in line at security.
- about 3 days agoSweet potatoes can COME AND GET IT!!
- about 3 days agoHey! I’m joining the https://t.co/Ul3ly0F1Kb from Jan 19-31! For Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, Golden, Banff, C… https://t.co/Zs7CH1bpNh
- about 3 days agoI just had keys cut. SO CUT.
- about 3 days agoWEHO @WholeFoods go for the salad bar, stay for the HOT, FRESH HIPSTERS.
Ouch. It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Please try with other keywords.
One of the funniest nights of my life !!Rose Bourget via Facebook
[Debra's] stats are impressive: she’s performed at Montreal’s Just for Laughs festival nine times, been awarded the Best Female Comic at the Canadian Comedy Award three times, and made it to the top eight on Last Comic Standing.Kaitlynn E-A Smith via splitsider.com
The show in Cape Breton was totally AMAZING <3 I will be laughing for weeks 🙂 you are one funny lady , love you and CONGRATS with all your SUCCESS <3 <3 XODenise Morrison via Facebook
Yesterday was my third time seeing you and you never disappoint! Forever my fav comedian ????????jasmine. via Twitter
Major highlight of @justforlaughs: seeing hilarious @DebraDiGiovanni absolutely destroying an audience.Kliph Nesteroff via Twitter
Thank you so much for a great show!Marion G via Facebook
Fantastic show!Daniel Duquette via Facebook
I had a great time ????Amy Silverberg via Twitter
Hey gang! Debra here! Why don’t you send me an email and I’ll let you know when I’m in a city close to you! Or-if you have a show you’d like to book me for-OR if you have a non creepy single neighbor who is looking for his soul mate…